1975 BFA, Cranbrook Academy of Art, Bloomfield Hills, MI
2006 – present Studio Furniture Maker
Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia PA
Cranbrook Museum of Art, Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Fuller Craft Museum, Brockton, MA
- Appleton Museum of Art, Ocala, Florida
- Museum of Arts & Design (MAD), New York, NY
- United States Sugar Corporation, Clewiston, FL
- A Fine Timber: Wood and Transformation in Our Time – Appleton Museum of Art, Nov 14, 2015-Jan 3, 2016, three person exhibition organized by Ruth Grimm, Curator of Exhibitions.
- Re: Collection – Museum of Arts & Design, Apr 1-Sept 7, organized by David McFadden, William and Mildred Lasdon Chief Curator Emeritus, in coordination with former Exhibitions Curator Dorothy Twining Globus.
- Michigan Fine Arts Competition – Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center, June 18-Aug 19. Juror David Lusk owner David Lusk Gallery, located in Memphis and Nashville TN.
- Veneer Tech Craftsman’s Challenge – Veneer Technologies Inc, IWF Atlanta August 23. Honorable Mention Award
- Mesa Arts 39th Annual Contemporary Crafts – MESA Arts Center, Mesa AZ. Feb 9 – April 15, 2018. Juror-Bruce Hoffman, Director Gravers Lane Gallery, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- September 28 – November 8. Juror-Petra Fallaux. Muskegon Museum of Art, Muskegon MI.
- Members Biennial Exhibition – Fuller Craft Museum, Brockton, MA. Jun 25 – Sept 18. Juror-James Lawton, Professor of Ceramics and Director of the Department of Artisanry at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth.
- Academy Center of the Arts National Juried Art Exhibition – Academy of Fine Arts, Lynchburg VA. Apr 1 – Apr 30. Juror-Siobhan Byrns.
- HWD 2015 – (Height x Width x Depth) Sculpture Exhibition – Rosewood Art Center, Dayton, OH. Aug 10 – Sept 11. Juror-Steven Matijcio.
- Members Biennial Exhibition – Fuller Craft Museum, Boston, MA, Oct 26 – Feb15, 2015. Juror-Arthur Dion, Director of Gallery NAGA.
- HWD 2014 – Rosewood Art Centre, Dayton, OH. Aug 25 – Sept 26. Juror-Carrie Longley, Assistant Professor of Fine Arts at Indiana University East.
- Winter Expo 2012 – Infinity Art Gallery, Jan 15 – Apr 13, 2013, Juror-Charly Swing, Founder. Founder Choice Award.
- Craftsman’s Challenge – Veneer Technologies Inc, AWFS Fair Las Vegas, July 25. Special Honorable Mention Award.
- Greater Michigan Art Exhibition – Alden B. Dow Museum of Science & Art, Midland MI, June 22 – Sept 22, Juror-Sergio De Giusti, Sculptor/Former Instructor at Wayne State University & Center for Creative Studies, Detroit, MI, Award of Merit-3D.
- Michigan Fine Arts Competition – Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center, June 28 – Aug 23, Juror-Brad Durham, Painter/Former Instructor at Art Center College of Design, Los Angles, CA.
- Academy of Fine Arts Annual National Juried Art Exhibition – Academy of Fine Arts, Lynchburg, VA. Apr 5 – Apr 27, Juror- David Dodge Lewis, Barger-Barclay Professor of Fine Arts at Hampden-Sydney College, Juror’s Award.
- Winter Expo 2012 – Infinity Art Gallery, Jan 15 – Apr 13, Juror- Charly Swing, Founder’s Choice Award.
- SOFA Chicago 2012 – Navy Pier, Chicago, IL. Nov 2 – 4, Juror- Charlotte Wainwright, Hon AIA and founding director of the Gregg Museum of Art & Design at North Carolina State.
- HWD 2012 – Rosewood Arts Centre, Dayton, OH. Nov 4 – Dec 14, Juror- Valerie Mann, Artist, Educator, Art Activist, Saline, MI. Juror’s Award.
- 51st Greater Michigan Art Exhibition – Alden B Dow Museum of Science & Art, Midland MI. Jun 16 – Aug 18, Juror- Robert Schefman, Chair of the Foundation Department of the College for Creative Studies. Katharyn Rave Award for Crafts.
- Regional Biennial Juried Sculpture Exhibition 2012 – Marshall M Fredericks Sculputor Museum, Jun 9 – Sept 22, Juror- Joseph A Becherer, founding director and curator of the Sculpture Program at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park.
- International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF) – Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York, NY, May 19 – 22.
- Michigan Fine Arts Competition – Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center, Birmingham, MI, March 30 – May 4. Juror- Mi-Kyoung Lee, Associate Professor and Head of Fibers at the University of the Arts. Juror’s Award.
- CraftForms 2011 – Wayne Art Center, Wayne PA. Dec 2 – Jan 21. Juror- Elisabeth Agro, Curator of American Modern & Contemporary Crafts & DecorativeArts of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. 1st Place Juror’s Award.
- Craft USA 2011 – Silvermine Arts Center, New Cannan,CT. Nov 13 – Dec 23. Juror- Holly Hotchner, Director of the Museum of Arts & Design, New York, NY. Best in Show Juror’s Award.
- Craftsman’s Challenge – Veneer Technologies Inc, AWFS Fair, Las Vegas NV, Jul 20 – 23.
- Fall Expo 2011 – Infinity Art Gallery. Juror- M. M. Dupay, instructor Bowling Green State University. Juror’s Award.
- Academy of Fine Arts Annual National Juried Art Exhibition – Academy of Fine Arts, Lynchburg VA. Apr 1 – Apr 30, Juror- George Billis, Owner/Director George Billis Gallery, New York, NY.
- CraftForms 2010 – Wayne Art Center, Wayne PA. Dec 4 – Jan 22. Juror- Jane C. Milosch, Senior Program Officer for Arts of the Smithsonian Institution.
- American Craft Today – The Bascom Center for the Visual Arts, Highland NC. Oct 2 – Dec 18. Juror- Carol Sauvion, Director of Freehand Gallery in Los Angles. Juror’s Award.
- The Art of Applied Design – DMH digital Gallery, College of Human Environmental Sciences at Oklahoma State University. Sept 15 – Dec 1. Best of Show Award.
- National Art Encounter 2010 – The Von Liebig Art Center, Naples Florida. Sept 11 – Oct 30. Juror- Denise Gerson, Associate Director of the Lowe Art Museum at the University of Miami in Coral Gables.
- Craftsman’s Challenge – Veneer Technologies Inc, IWF 2010 Atlanta,GA. Honorable Mention Award.
- MESA Arts 31st Annual Contemporary Crafts Exhibition – MESA Arts Center, Mesa AZ. Jan 22 – Mar 7. Juror- Jane Sauer, Owner/Director of Jane Sauer Gallery in Santa Fe New Mexico. Best in Show Juror’s Award.
- HWD 2009 – Rosewood Arts Centre, Dayton, OH. Nov 9 – Dec 11. Juror- Jonathan Quick, Artist/Educator teaching Sculpture at Ohio Wesleyan University in Delaware Ohio. Best in Show Juror’s Award.
- 49th Greater Michigan Art Exhibition – Alden B Dow Museum of Science & Art, Midland MI. Oct 17 – Jan 3. Juror- Chris Kahler, Associate Professor of Painting and Drawing at Eastern Illinois University. Katharyn Rave Award for Crafts.
- Schwa 2009 – Emerge Gallery, Greenville NC. Aug 28 – Sept 26. Jurors- Kat Myers, Associate Professor of Art Western Illinois University and Matt Myers, Blacksmith/metalsmith, sculptor & painter. Judges Award.
- Craftsman’s Challenge – Veneer Technologies Inc, AWFS SHOW Las Vegas. July 15 – 18. Special Judge’s Award.
- CraftForms 2008 – Wayne Art Center, Wayne PA. Dec 5–Jan 24. Juror- Michael W. Monroe, Executive Director and Chief Curator of Bellevue Arts Museum in Washington State.
- Craftsman’s Challenge – Veneer Technologies Inc, AWFS SHOW Las Vegas. July 18 – 21. Honorable Mention Award.
- CraftForms 2007 – Wayne Art Center, Wayne PA. Nov 30 – Feb 1. Juror- Mark Leach, Founding Director and Chief Curator of the Mint Museum of Craft & Design in Charlotte North Carolina. Honorable Mention Award.
- ANA 35 – The Holter Museum of Art, Helena MT. June 8 – Aug 15. Juror- Willem Volkerz, Artist/Instructor at Ohio State University, Jacob Kramer College in Leeds England, Kansas City Art Institute and retired in 2001 at Montana State University. Juror’s Award.
- Studio Furniture: Today’s Leading Woodworkers – Tina Skinner, Schiffer Publishing Ltd.
- Woodworkers West Magazine, January-February 2018
- Dayton City Paper, No 3-D Glasses Required, August 25, Joyell Nevins.
- Promenade Magazine, Summer Issue at the MAD Museum…..RE:COLLECTION. Karin Lipson.
- Ohio Art League – A Regional Juried Sculpture Competition, posted Oct 13, 2012
Bloomfield-Bloomfield Hills Patch – Arts, Jessica Strachan and Laura Houser
- Woodwork Magazine – The Best Work of 66 Artisans, Winter 2012 Issue
- Museum of Arts & Design – Views, Newsletter Spring/Summer Bulletin 2010
- MaconNews.com – Bascom Awards $5000 at American Craft Today exhibition, Mac Isaacs
- AshvilleCitizen-Times.com – American Craft Today, Staff Reports 2009
- DaytonCityPaper.com – Diverse Works (Rosewood Gallery’s Annual Sculpture Competition), Jud Yalkut
- Dayton Daily News – Nothing flat about Rosewood show, Pamela Dillon
- Maker+FDM – Special Judges Award, Tribute Entry 2008
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – Crafts Show Maintains High Quality, Victoria Donohoe
- Your Magazine – The Art of Marquetry: Creativity in Veneer, Sue Lauber
- Fine Woodworking Magazine – Readers Gallery 2007
- Philadelphia Inquirer – Craftforms Show At Its Best, Victoria Donohoe
- The Suburban and Wayne Times – The Wayne Art Center Hosts Craftforms Preview Party
- Great Falls Tribune – Modern Art At The Holter